Following Policy will govern refunds, returns, exchanges and cancellations
for both customer and sellers of Nakshi.com
A. For Online Customers /Buyers:
We thank you and appreciate your purchase with us. Please read the policy, conditions and process carefully as they will give you necessary information and guidelines about your rights and obligations as our customer, concerning any purchase you make through us unless stated otherwise on our product pages or readers offer advertisements.
Buyers Protection Program (Refunds and Returns)
- The payment is not released to the seller till the product is delivered and accepted by the buyer. Buyer need to confirm satisfactory acceptance of order.
- Nakshi.com upholds high standards of post purchase service - easy returns and refunds in case of damaged/defective/broken orders which are governed by refund and return policies.
- Products must be returned in their original conditions along with any bills and labels.
- If an order is bulky (like statues, large paintings, etc.), Nakshi.com can send a courier representative to the buyer’s address for pick-up. Please refer to return and exchange policies for more details.
- Custom-made orders cannot be returned.
- In case of any dispute, buyer has to register the dispute within 7 days of the receipt of the product. Dispute can be raised by sending an email at email@example.com Dispute after 7 days will not be entertained by Nakshi.com.
- Nakshi.com is bound to respond to your dispute claim within 7 working days, else your payment is refunded without any query.
- Nakshi.com provides an online traceable courier service – your order can be tracked via the “My Account” section and tracking information is also sent to you via email once the order is shipped.
- Shipping charges for returning of disputed orders will be borne by Nakshi.com.
- Refund of the amount paid for any disputed orders will be made to the same account used during purchase. Refund of the amount to your account can take 3-7 working days, depending on your bank’s transaction policies.
- Nakshi accepts refund, replace or return requests from buyers within 7 days from delivery acceptance by of the buyer informed in writing to Nakshi by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These returns, refunds, exchanges are governed by below policy guidelines.
A.1 DEFECTIVE OR WRONG PRODUCTS
In case a User has received the defective or wrong product, we shall replace the product with a similar product after agreement with seller. The User can send an email with digital photo of the damaged or incorrect item and the shipping container to email@example.com with the following on the body of the email:
- Your order number
- The shipping ID or item number
- A brief description of the reason for the return
- And tell us whether you are seeking a replacement or a refund.
Buyer has to register the refund/replacement claim within seven days of the receipt of the product. You can raise a claim by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also inform us of your intent to return an item via letter by post, fax, or e-mail. Any claims raised within seven days of receipt of order will be accommodated by Nakshi.com.
It takes almost 48 hours to process a request. You will receive an email stating that your replacement is under production. If you select a refund, then you will receive the full cost of the item and the cost of delivery.
We do not refund the cost of delivery for serviced items, all of which are custom-made to order. The items include all framed items, canvas, art on acrylic, art on metal, loft art, and Photos to Art [or My Photos] products. To qualify for a refund of the cost of delivery (if applicable), you must return the goods within 14 days of your request for a return/replacement.
Photo Returns are available for most posters and art prints, including framed items, canvas, acrylic, and wood mounts. Photo Returns are not available for some items, including Tapestries, Hand Painted Art, and Limited-Edition prints. You will have to return the item at your expense if the damage or quality issue is not apparent in the photo. You need to take this step before the return process starts.
A.2 PACKAGING OF ITEMS FOR RETURN
To return an item, please pack them in the original tube or box and include the completed Return Instructions located on the back of the Packing List included with your order. Please include your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, as well as your order number, the shipping ID, and item number. We encourage you also to include a brief description of the reason for the return.
Please be aware that you are obligated to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. We strongly encourage you to return your item via a traceable method. If you are returning an item that is not normally capable of being returned by post, you are still responsible for the cost of returning the item.
In the case of refunds, it is to be done by the same means of payment as used for the initial transaction. You will not incur any fees as a result of such return. We will withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. Once we receive the goods or have received the tracking information of the returned item from you, we will the refund amount to your bank account, credit card, online wallet, etc. We typically issue your refund within 3 working days of receiving the package.
If a User wants to exchange a product for a product in a different size or a different item, he can do so by following these simple steps:
- Register the refund/replacement claim within seven days of the receipt of the product. You can raise a claim by sending an email at email@example.com. You may also inform us of your intent to return an item via letter by post or e-mail.
- Complete the return request form on the back of the packing list included with your order along with a brief description of the reason for the return.
- Ship your item back to sellers returns address in its original packaging and enclose your completed Return Request. We strongly encourage you to return the item via a traceable method.
- We typically ask seller to complete inspection and confirm eligibility for exchange within 3 working days of receiving the package in original condition. Once the exchange is accepted by seller and approved by Nakshi, you can place an order for a fresh item of your choice.
You can cancel order any time before order is shipped except for custom or made to order items. Order cancellation will be approved only before order is shipped and for custom or made to order items cancellation need to be accepted or agreed by seller. Order cancellation post shipment of order may attract deduction of shipping and return charges from refund amount and will be settled in agreement with seller and customer.
A.5 ISSUES WITH A TRANSACTION
In general, all sellers need to abide by the Return and Refunds policies displayed Nakshi.com. If there is any problem with an order, we encourage you to contact the seller directly first via messaging and in the event of non-response or disagreement with seller, you can report to Nakshi by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep in mind that Nakshi provides the marketplace but isn’t directly involved in transactions between individual buyers and sellers. If you have trouble with an order and can't sort it out directly with your seller or buyer, you can file a “Case”.
A.6 DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Opening a case by sending email to email@example.com, is the best way to let a seller and Nakshi know that you're having issues with an order. The case system on Nakshi is where buyers and sellers work together to resolve their issues. If necessary, Nakshi Trust & Safety can help bring a dispute to a conclusion. Only if a buyer formally files a case, Nakshi can get involved in the Dispute Resolution
B. For All types of Sellers including Artists:
By registering on Nakshi.com as artist or any other type of a seller you agree to abide by all refund and returns policies stated above and any exception to this will be allowed only after approval in writing by Management team of Nakshi.com. Only approved exceptions to returns and refunds policies will be displayed Returns and Refunds policies in your Shop Policies page. Artists and Sellers are expected to let Nakshi and buyers know how you, as a shop owner, manage and run your shop – including how you’d handle any issues or problems with a transaction.
Nakshi accepts refund, replace or return requests in line with policy guidelines from buyers within 7 days from delivery acceptance by of the buyer. It is up to you as the artist or seller to maintain the integrity of such requests.
If you do have a problem with a transaction, it is best to contact the buyer via the Nakshi email portal. Buyers are also encouraged to contact you via the Nakshi email portal if they experience any issues.
B.1 CANCELLING A SALE
After a buyer has placed an order, you can choose to accept or reject delivery from your end.
As an artist, you cannot cancel a sale for any of your items after a buyer has placed an order and you have accepted it. It is your prerogative to maintain availability for each of your listed items.
Any cancellation of a sale from your end, after you have accepted an order placed by a buyer, will be considered a violation of Nakshi's terms and may result in financial penalties.
You should immediately update any changes in your inventory or stock for each of your listed items via your dashboard on Nakshi.
If you choose to reject an order after a buyer has placed it, it is recommended that you attach a detailed note to the buyer, in addition to choosing the reason for cancellation, to further explain why the sale could not be successfully completed.
An order can be rejected from your end under unavoidable circumstances, provided you report the said circumstances immediately to Nakshi via the email portal.
Nakshi reserves the right to take action, such as delisting of an artist or seller, for multiple order rejections
B.2 CONTACTING A BUYER AFTER AN ORDER
To cancel an order from your end, explain a delay or enquire about a return or refund request placed, you can contact a buyer from the Nakshi email portal.
The portal allows you to send an email to a buyer’s Nakshi inbox.
B.3 REFUNDING A TRANSACTION THROUGH DIRECT CHECKOUT OR PAYPAL
When refunding a sale, you can choose from Direct Checkout or PayPal options to reimburse the buyer. Direct Checkout will reimburse the amount to the buyer via the original payment method used to place the order. The PayPal option will refund the amount to the buyer’s PayPal account. This option will be available to you for only those refunds where the buyer has specified a PayPal account.
B.4 CURRENCY CONVERSIONS
For any and all refunds, the amount sent to the buyer will be equivalent to the amount paid for the order in the buyer’s currency. The refund amount will not be subject to either inflation or deflation in the exchange values in the financial market.
B.5 PAYMENT IN CASE OF DAMAGED GOODS WHILE SHIPPING
The full amount due to an artist or a seller, after deduction of fees and taxes from the sale price of an item, will be paid to you by Nakshi in case of a refund or return claim where the reasons for such are found to be outside the seller’s control (i.e. if the logistics partner is found to be at fault).
Please follow the steps outlined in “Shipping and Delivery Policy” to ensure that the quality of the item when shipping from your end is assured. Nakshi may ask for evidence from you regarding the condition of the item at the time of shipping; these are outlined in the mentioned policy.
B.6 INSUFFICIENT BALANCE IN ACCOUNT FOR REFUND
If you have insufficient funds in your Nakshi account to process a refund, then Nakshi reserves the right to recover the amount by deducting it from the sale price of any of your other confirmed orders, in addition to the 5% fees deduction for them.
B.7 RETURN OR REFUND DUE TO LOGISTICS ERROR
If an item is processed for a return or refund due to mishandling of the item by our logistics partners and damage caused by that, there is no deduction in the revenue earned by you, the seller.
B.8 DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Opening a case by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, is the best way to let Nakshi know that you're having issue. The case system on Nakshi is where buyers and sellers work together to resolve their issues. If necessary, Nakshi Trust & Safety can help bring a dispute to a conclusion. Only if a seller or artist formally files a case, Nakshi can get involved in the Dispute Resolution.